The Horde
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GUILD FUND?

+4
Kraken
Joe
Ivvy
_Haze_
8 posters

Go down

GUILD FUND? Empty GUILD FUND?

Post by _Haze_ Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:33 am

ok this is just me thinking when im bored but would it be a good diea to have a guild fund? guild memebers donate money so other guild members who need money buy armors and good weapons and so on. and items bought with guild fun get passed around to the next person who needs it. umm i duuno thas just me thinking,
_Haze_
_Haze_
user
user

Back to top Go down

GUILD FUND? Empty Re: GUILD FUND?

Post by Ivvy Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:41 am

ok if ppl stay in the guild. what if they leave & take the stuff w them? poof! gone... then we'd have to hunt them down and PK their azzes.... sigh... BUT i do like the idea... just have to not dole out to ppl who appear to be there JUST to get stuff.
Ivvy
Ivvy
veteran
veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by _Haze_ Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:49 am

true. but also we wouldnt let new ppl borrow just like that we pretty much know who are the people that are loyal and trustworthy. but i dunno if any1 got any ideas on how to make sure we dont get robbed lol but if it all goes well the whole guild would be working together and therefore making us better than we were before.err not saying we r bad now..lol
_Haze_
_Haze_
user
user

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:50 am

Guild Fund huh? Nice idea, but it wont work out now since our guild still has many unknown low lvls. It would be awesome once we get 200 active members that are willing to stay forever! yea!
Joe
Joe
user
user

Back to top Go down

Post by _Haze_ Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:56 am

200 kind of a hge number..lol would u rather have huge and disorganized where not many ppl kow each other or a guild that is small and elite. where we all know each other and trust each other?
_Haze_
_Haze_
user
user

Back to top Go down

Post by Kraken Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:23 am

its not a bad idea really.....as for large numbers in guild my thought is those we can trust will lead sections of guild kinda a group within a group so lets say theres 200 active ppl in guild then we can break those ppl down into smaller sections and each section will be lead by someone who has been with us for the longest.Also to avoid confusion in guild maybe set up a private chat box for that group. If u all like this idea then let me know. I also stress again ppl without rank can rec new players very easy just ask around if someone wants to join then someone with rank can add them.
[b]ONE DAY I WILL BE KING king
Kraken
Kraken
the guild master!!!
the guild master!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by xSylphiel Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:17 am

Your idea is sound Krak, though I do have concerns. I've been in guilds with a guild fund before and I found it was always the same few people that would donate. In PW, where Gold is kind of hard to come by, and extremely easy to spend, I predict the majority of people will be stingy and want to hang on to their gold. To counter this, we may have to impliment some sort of Dues system, where members above a certain level have to donate a certain amount of gold per week/month. If they don't, they lose access to the fund until they pay up. The cool thing is it doesn't really have to be all that much of a donation. With every member donating say 1000 gold per week, and figuring on 200 members donating, thats 800,000 gold per month. Not too shabby if you ask me. Of course, people could donate more if they so chose.

xSylphiel
user
user

Back to top Go down

Post by _Haze_ Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:04 pm

thas a good idea actually..lol in oerder to be able to acces the guild fund you must accept cerain rules like the amount of money you donate accoding to your lvl. that way people that show no commitment and dont want to donate wont have acces to the fund
_Haze_
_Haze_
user
user

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivvy Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:09 pm

now we're getting somewhere... we will need a "banker" at some point then... maybe some char created just for that purpose? otherwise, how to keep the fund separate? y'all are smart ... u'll figure out a way i'm sure... cheers
Ivvy
Ivvy
veteran
veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by xSylphiel Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Are we still thinking about doing this?

xSylphiel
user
user

Back to top Go down

GUILD FUND? Empty GUILD FUND?

Post by UekiKousk Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:11 pm

its very very nice idea but eh we could only have ppl that we trust use it as well as ppl who donate to the fund incases.........
UekiKousk
UekiKousk
user
user

Back to top Go down

Post by Satyn Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:00 pm

just a thought
Another thing we might consider is materials fund. I think a lot of the time that's what people would like to spend their money on anyway. If we had a few alts run by trustworthy members of the guild to take mats. lets say. something like one character created just for DQ items, another for production mats. That could be really helpful as well. I used to be a Guild Master when I played wow and I know this system can work. Again you have some of the same issues as a guild fund. You have to make sure people are donating if they want to take out, and you have to be able to trust that they're not just going to set up a stall and sell the mats. One way to regulate this is to only let people take out mats when they want to make a specific item, rather than just dumping mats on them for the purposes of leveling up production skills.

again. just a thought
Satyn
Satyn
user
user

Back to top Go down

Post by Lombok Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:03 pm

Time zone differences could be a problem too tho.
Lombok
Lombok
user
user

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivvy Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:14 am

i think we're going someplace with this... people are thinking and coming up with some good ideas. i'm proud of y'all! Very Happy

maybe we need our own "banker" .. someone to handle any gold ... and maybe like was suggested, some alts set up to hold material goods... i really like that idea, though i'm not sure how well it would work. be afraid to end up with a zillion of something that no one will use! Shocked
Ivvy
Ivvy
veteran
veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Satyn Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:21 am

the solution to that stockpile of a zillion things no one has interest is simple. If no one appears to want the things that are ending up in the item characters then we just sell those items. either in stalls or maybe even to npcs if they're really that useless. and the gold would then go to the guild fund character to hold on to. Very Happy

We can always do some last calls for items to make sure people know they're there in the first place before we sell them off to. I don't know if a guildwide email is an option in this game, but it sure would be helpful.
Satyn
Satyn
user
user

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivvy Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:41 pm

we NEED to make sure people sign up at a forum (we are making a new one) and check it regularly...
it should almost become an automatic thing: check the forum/then log into the game.... that way anything important is right there for them to see. What a Face
Ivvy
Ivvy
veteran
veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Satyn Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:38 pm

I Agree completely. having people check forums regularly will allow us to give detailed updates of everything that's going on as opposed the the quick guild messages we have now.

This would also work really well with guild and mat funds. not only to provide status updates and let people know what we have in stock/ what we want to get rid of, but we could set up a forum for people to petition for collecting items from funds.
Satyn
Satyn
user
user

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down